Best Sympathy Quotes for Passing
Writing a sympathy card or sending a note to express your condolences after a passing can be challenging. When there are no words that can possibly express how you feel or bring comfort to those who grieve, finding the right words can be hard. However, showing your sympathy or merely sending a note letting your family and friends know that they can count on you during this challenging time is a valuable gesture that speaks more than a thousand words.
When sending a heartfelt sympathy card, using sympathy quotes can help guide your words and help you write a note that sends encouragement, while reminding the recipient of your love and support during this challenging time.
If you are having difficulty finding the right words to send a family member or grieving friend a sympathy or condolence letter, consider including one of these sympathy quotes for support and reassurance.
15 Sympathy Quotes to Share with Grieving Friends and Family
01. “With Sympathy. Words can’t wipe away your tears. Hugs won’t ease your pain. But hold on to your memories. Forever they’ll remain.”
02. “After a loved one passes, be encouraged by their passing and legacy. Instead of crying, live an inspired, spiritual and happy life like they did when they were here. Live each day with encouragement knowing that they are proud and smiling down on you from heaven.” – Matt Fraser
03. “Those we love can never be more than a thought away, for as long as there’s a memory they live in our hearts to stay.”
04. “Words, however kind, can’t mend your heartache, but those who care and share your loss wish you comfort and peace of mind. May you find strength in the love of family and in the warm embrace of friends.”
05. “Although it’s difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, may looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.”
06. “They say love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill what never dies.” – William Penn
07. “Tenderly, may time heal your sorrow. Gently, may friends ease your pain. Softly, may peace replace your heartaches. And may the warmest memories remain.”
08. “Only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts.” – Dorothy Ferguson
09. “Some people leave such an impression on our hearts, and we are never the same for it. In this way, we are lucky, even as we mourn such a sad loss.”
10. “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
11. “Hold tight to memories for comfort, lean on your friends for strength, and always remember how much you are cared about.”
12. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” – Matthew 5:4
13. “As you comprehend this profound loss, let yourself cry knowing each tear is a note of love rising to the heavens.”
14. “I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death.” – Leo Buscaglia
15. “The angels are always near to those who are grieving, whispering to them that their loved ones are safe in the hand of God.” – Eileen Elias Freeman
Writing a sympathy letter is difficult. If you still need help writing your sympathy card, our thoughtful experts have shared 6 tips for writing a sympathy card to help you get started.